Renewing your two wheeler insurance policy is one of the easiest things to do. It hardly takes a few minutes to renew two wheeler insurance and it can be done while sitting at home, over the internet. However, rather than simply renewing your existing plan, you should take a few minutes to compare the available options. When you compare, you become aware of the other alternatives, and at times even end up with a better plan at a better rate.
What are the Things Required to Renew Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
Like mentioned above, it is very easy to renew your plan online. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to renew two wheeler insurance online:
- Compare: Start off by comparing the various available plans. Yousimply have to visit a good insurance aggregator website. Enter the basic details about your bike and get the quotes. Go through the different quotes as well the features of the plans and see what the best option for you is. You can make a selection there itself and proceed to buy the plan.
- Enter the details about your vehicle: Next, you have to enter the various details about your bike. You will have to mention the registration number, the make and model, the age of the vehicle and the previous insurance details.
- Enter your details: Next, enter your personal details. Mention your name, address, email id and phone number.
- Nominee details: In the next step, you have to provide details about the nominee you want to select.
- Previous policy details: Enter the details of your previous policy. Also mention the accumulated no claim bonus that you have as the NCB is transferable between insurers.
- Make the payment: Finally make the payment and your bike insurance is renewed!
You can see exactly how simple it is to renew your two wheeler insurance plan online. You don’t have to visit your insurance provider’s office or stand in queues or even bother about submitting too many documents. You can simply renew the plan at any time and from anywhere at your own convenience.
Two Wheeler Insurance Expired, What ToDo?
Ideally, you should not let your bike insurance plan lapse. It is highly advisable for you to renew your two wheeler insurance policy well before its expiration date. However, lapses do happen and thankfully there are ways in which an expired bike plan can be renewed. Let’s find out how it can be done:
- Don’t delay further: If you realise your bike plan has expired, look to renew it immediately without any further delay. Most insurance providers allow you to renew your bike plan within the first 90 days of expiry. So, do it as soon as possible and keep your vehicle protected.
- Compare: Just because your bike insurance plan has expired, doesn’t mean you lose the facility to compare your options. Never forget to compare bike insurance before you renew your plan. This will help you find the most suitable cover at the best possible expense.
- Check the NCB: The no claim bonus is a reward that you earn for not making claims. So, ensure you get it carried forward to your new bike plan. The NCB can be redeemed if you renew your two wheeler insurance plan within 90 days of expiry.
It is not impossible to renew an expired bike insurance plan. However, while it lies in an expired state, you technically stay without your bike insurance cover. If there is an accident in this period, the insurer will not pay the claim. Also, it will be illegal to ride your bike without a proper, valid bike plan. So, try to prevent your two wheeler insurance plan from expiring by renewing it on time.
In a Nutshell
To put it in a nutshell, two wheeler insurance renewals are one of the easiest processes to complete. You just need to be a little systematic and spend some time online on sites like Coverfox.com where you can easily compare plans and choose the best-suited two wheeler insurance. Keep the points mentioned above in mind and you surely won’t have any difficulty in finding your ideal cover and then renewing your bike policy.